Part-time – availability must include peak times to include nights and weekends
Retail sales associates need to be dedicated to providing exceptional customer service, firearm product knowledge and be willing to complete any delegated retail-related tasks efficiently and accurately. This individual will greet the customers and assist the customer with product selection.
The retail sales associate needs to provide exceptional customer service while selling merchandise and promoting the other facets of the business to the customers with enthusiasm. This individual is part of the front line and is positioned to have face time with the customers in order to sell merchandise. As a part of the team, the retail sales associate takes pride in making sure the store looks good at all times.
- Keeping the retail store looking fresh and functioning at its best by cleaning, rearranging/rotating, restocking, and displaying merchandise
- Providing customer service to ensure customers have a pleasant, positive and educated shopping experience, to encourage positive word-of-mouth referrals
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Performing inventory counts
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions in retail, as well as at the range
- Sell, Sell, Sell! Describe merchandise and explain use, operation and care of merchandise to customers
- Setting and achieving personal goals
- Processing transactions at POS
- Maintaining knowledge of current policies regarding sales, exchanges, payment, layaway, used firearms, security, etc.
- Organizational commitment
- Check availability of product for customer special orders, when relevant, and lock in order for Buyer to approve and place
- Assist customers with special order process to encourage purchasing from CSA and reduce lost sales; suggest these items to the Buyer to see if this item should be a part of the company product line
- Relay shortages on specific inventory items that may be omitted in min/max IMS system
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Formal Education & Certification
- High School Degree or equivalency, some college preferred
- Firearms background preferred
Skills & Abilities
- Must be personable, motivated, professional and committed
- Good communication skills
- Sales experience with the ability to be persistent and influence others
- Reliable and punctual
- Friendly and upbeat
The required physical demands to perform the essential functions of this job include the ability to stand for long periods of time, walking, hearing, seeing, use of hands and arms and the use of legs to lift. Additionally, the employee must physically be able to hold, lift and operate all types of firearms. This individual must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee can expect to regularly work in an environment that provides for high levels of noise, dust and possible exposure to lead.